An exciting opportunity to learn or re familiarise yourself with a series of pattern cutting and sewing techniques that could be relevant to present or inspire future sewing projects. The pattern cutting adaptations can be created from ‘existing’ commercial patterns or patterns you have drafted yourself. Sessions will include a video detailing the instructions on the specified technique, followed by a comprehensive step by step power point presentation for you to work along with at home with tutor support every step of the way.
Each week you will also be encouraged to ask questions and seek advice on your own projects from the tutor and peers.
• Week 1 – An introduction to sewing with stretch fabrics
• Week 2 & 3 – Collars and attaching to necklines (shirt collars & jacket collars)
• Week 4 & 5 – Cuffs and Cuff plackets
• Week 6 – Buttonstands (including concealed buttonstand)
• Week 7 – Sewing in Sleeves (including raglan & shirt)
• Week 8 & 9 – Gaining confidence in lining garments & lining a garment with sleeves
• Week 10 – An Introduction to tailoring techniqus
Example of the Structure of session: (the order may change on a weekly basis depending on topic)
7pm - Introduction and General Chat
7.05pm – Learners are asked to mute microphones & turn cameras off (if they wish) and follow the link posted in ‘chat’ to watch the ‘demo of the week’
7.20pm approx. – Learners return to Zoom for a discussion about the video where questions/queries are answered – learners will have microphones muted, and questions asked via the ‘hand up’ system. We will also be using the ‘chat’ function in Zoom.
7.30pm – Interactive learner ‘copy and repeat’ of the demo, with aid of power point presentation step by step guide and tutor guidance throughout. Learners will be expected to complete any tasks in their own time, ready for the next session.
8.25pm – Evaluate session
8.30pm – Class Finish
Prosp User 3