- Materials to create your mask from. Ideally this needs to be tightly woven, lightweight cotton, which is breathable and comfortable. These fabrics can be harvested from old pillow cases, duvet covers and t-shirts. For children over 14years of age, often adult sized masks are fine, so we estimate a piece of fabric measuring 22cm x 40cm. You will also need 40cm of elastice per mask. For children 8 - 13years, we estimate you'll need fabric measuring 35cm x 17cm and 30cms of elastic. For children 4 - 8years, 30cm x 14cm and approx 20cm of elastic.
- Sewing machine OR a hand sewing needle
- Elastic, as above (per mask) or an elastic hair band
- Tools including fabric scissors, tape measure/ruler, thread and pins
- It would be useful to have an iron available.
Prosp User 5